Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

A Little Behind

Sorry just running a little behind on posting whats been happening.

First off would like to say Welcome Annette to the first sewing/quilt lesson.  We had a great time, and Im going to enjoy teaching her as much as I can in 4 lessons.   However, a person cant learn it all in 4 lessons, and I'm here for her with any additional questions and challenges she may have after lessons are over.

1st Lesson: Learning how to measure, square up and cut fabric.  Annette has the June Tailor slotted cut ruler, as do I but, this does not teach anyone how to square up fabrics when not using this amazing ruler. So its back to step one. How to use other rulers besides the slotted cut ruler.

Even though she has a pattern that left much to be desired re: cutting instructions we managed to get  enough cut to send her home with homework.  We used my design board to lay out each block for her to take home and sew together.

After her lesson using the other rulers,  I let her  use the slotted ruler to finish cutting pieces

 Yesterday was Sew Day with the Girls our once a month sew day


I finally made MY VERY OWN bag.  I promised myself this is not going to be given or sold to someone else as all of my other bags in the past.  Just to make sure, I transferred all of my "stuff" from my other purse to this one this morning.  I can truly say I love this bag.  With the pockets on the inside and outside, everything is so organized and so easy to find whats in the purse.  Unlike my other purse, once something got out of place in the that one, I had to empty the entire purse to find what I was looking for.

Liz showing her "charity" quilt.  She has asked if we would make  wheelchair quilts for  residents of the long term, nursing home in Edgerton.  We all agreed we would
:
She is also making these cute bags for walkers again for the residents of LT



Marge is doing hand sewn Grandmothers Flower Garden Quilt

Another beautiful hand applique by Jane

Liz showing off her hand applique


Margie and Elaine are also working on appliques hmmmm there seemed to be a theme this last sew day


Henrietta working on her thangles ahh at least there was one other person  besides me that wasn't working on appliques



No comments: