Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Big Push Is On

This weekend is the Rock Valley Quilt Guild Quilt Show, and I will have a booth set up to show off my quilting and to promote my new patterns.

So that means much to do before the weekend. 

I managed to finish two quilts for a customer, started them yesterday and finished this morning. She was not in a hurry, but really wanted to get hers finished as I have a few more to do within the next 2 weeks.









Totally customized this little wall hanging.  She did one just like it last year but with larger borders, and did some customizing on that one as well, but not nearly as much as I did on this one.  Took 8 hours to do this.



Prior to doing the snowmen I quilted this Blue 9 patch, again this is for the children of her friend that has passed.  This one was squared up and had now difficulty in quilting it.

Now to get ready for the show.  I have most of my patterns ready to go, need a few more clear baggies, ordered yesterday, with hopes they will arrive on time.  My bad, I should have ordered a week ago, but forgot.  Air out all the quilts I am displaying. I like to hang them outside for a few hours to give that fresh clean air smell.  Most have been hanging on my quilt racks and have a winter shut in smell. They don't really smell, but I really like the way they smell after hanging outdoors.

Went to Edgerton Quilt Committee meeting last night, and Jane showed the quilt I did for the raffle. The committee was very pleased with the quilting, which makes me so happy.  We are going to be ordering and raffling a Barn Quilt and chose the pattern we wanted for this.  I am going to buy a raffle ticket, maybe more.  I would love to have one of these for my house.  If I win (doubt it) but if I do, I will have to convince Wayne to hang it on front of house.  He really hates putting holes in our house, but if I talk to him just right, maybe he will do it.  If I don't win, I think I'm gonna pay to have one done, and use one of my own pattern blocks.  That would be cool. Hmmmmm.



No comments: