Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hubby's New Quilt

Now that the quilt show is done, I let Wayne have his new quilt.  Put it on the bed today.  Looks great.  One problem, soon to be resolved.  I have to make a matching table cloth for the side table next to bed.  The one there now is a match to previous quilt.


You might remember this one, 4 Patch Mint Chip, previously blogged from beginning to end.




Also going to get new curtains.  Been way too long since I did anything new in the bedroom.


FYI, if you think quilters don't make mistakes or change their minds while doing your quilts, you are wrong.

I started a new one for customer, did 4 rows before I decided I just didn't like the pattern I was using.  So spent the last 10 hours removing(carefully) the stitching.  Believe me when I say, once a quilt is put together, it is never coming apart.  If you ever had to remove stitching you would know what I'm talking about.  I should have stopped after first row, but thought it would look better with a few more rows.  I was mistaken, I just didn't like the way it looked.  I'm sure the customer would have been OK with it, but if I'm not happy with the pattern, I don't think the customer will be either.  Much prefer doing the extra work to get it right than to pass along with a so so stitching.

Today wont be the day to quilt.  Babysitting little Tavyn again.  He is now watching the Princess and the Frog, so will be occupied for a short time.

I'm also expecting Kelli, friend from Ft Wayne. She is coming for a second lesson on how to attach binding. She and her husband Bill came yesterday morning, and we went for breakfast.  Then came home for a lesson, but we ran out of time before they had to leave for a school soccer meet in Milwaukee.  She now knows how to attach binding to front by machine, today learning the hidden hand stitch.

This is going to be one busy day.

No comments: