Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Barb's Bag

Barb commissioned me to make a summer bag.  I searched and searched and sent photos for her approval or disapproval of fabrics.  But alas, I just couldn't find the right fabric for her.


Plan B, Barb found the fabric she loved and sent it to me.  Finished her bag this morning.  I did add an additional color to the pocket to define and add interest to the pocket/bag.  Made the Yo Yo button, which I love and stole the idea from Liz's bag she showed at last sew day.

Barb also requested long handles as she likes to hang bag from her shoulders, mission accomplished Barb.

Hope she likes it.

Normally I use 2 or 3 different fabrics in the making of  the bags. Barb preferred the one color, which does look nice, but without adding the addition to the pocket I think it would have been too much, and you would not have even seen the outside pocket,

MY next bag is going to have the Yo Yo button, love them.  I say my next bag, because I still dont have one for myself.

Every time I finish one it goes to someone else or gets sold.

I have 2 cut out and ready to be put together, maybe one of them can be mine.

No comments: