Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

No more PT

Yesterday I made the decision not to go to Phys Therapy anymore.  They did help me in the beginning, but now it seems, it takes 2 or 3 days to recover from the phys therapy treatments.  I have been doing the exercises at home. So I cancelled future appointments.  This is the best I have felt in months.  I did my knee exercises and then took a short walk.  I had the best day ever, baked a banana bread and felt wonderful all day long. 

Didn't do any quilting or sewing but it was a good day anyway.

Today I spent 2 hours practicing some new stitch designs on a practice piece.  Some designs I used from Leah Day, and a couple I made up as I went along.  I have a few quilts coming up to do for myself and for others and thought today would be a good time to try something new before actually using any of these designs on a real quilt.

I have not been able to stitch the quilt I did for this blog, as I need to go shopping for more batting.  Cant believe how fast I run out of batting, but when I went to my stash, found did not have enough to do this big quilt.  So, tomorrow off to fabric store and then lunch with best friend Nettie.  She is also a quilter and we spend hours either talking, shopping or actually making quilts.  In addition of course of talking about our husbands, kids and grand kids.  We have been friends since grade school and she has helped me through some rough times this past year.  Don't know what I would ever do without her. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.  That ONE friend who you can always turn to for good times and bad.

Looking forward to lunch and shopping tomorrow.

I will be ready to load the quilt and get it stitched.

No comments: