Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 2 quilting

I have been down in my sewing room already this morning. Started about 6:00am and finished around 8:00am. Told you I was an early bird and like to start right in.  I usually get more done in that time, but still favoring my left knee and when I do this I put pressure on my right leg, which then causes hip and back to start hurting. 

Day 2 of quilting, you will cut your 3strip groups into 6 1/2 in squares. You will get 6 squares out of each 3 piece strip. With a total of 156, 6.5 x 6.5 in squares.









After cutting all of your squares. Take 4 squares and sew together, but turning the squares one horizontal and the next vertical, second row of 4 patch one vertical and one horizontal.  I have posted photos of how they should look. 

I have a quilt design board I use to lay out my squares so I can put the colors together that I like for each square.  Your 4 patch square will measure 12.5 in x 12.5 inch. When you have sewn all of your 6.5squares into 4 patch 12.5 squares, you will have 39 total 12.5 x 12.5 squares.

I made my own quilt design board, and I made it portable because I don't have the wall room to keep it on one wall.  Let me know if you would like to learn how to make the quilt design board.

That's all for today, have to go and do my wifely chores, dishes, pick up house etc etc etc, boring things but have to be done.  I am doing well enough that Wayne does not have to help me with these chores anymore. He has been a big help but now I really dont mind doing these chores myself.

No comments: