Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Kinky Curls

As you know, lost my hair before Xmas last year because of the chemo treatment. Its growing back, but its coming in all kinky curly, cant do a thing with it. Been trying to gel it down with some gel products, but that doesn't seem to work, so decided to go with the grow.   I actually had to have some of it trimmed, thanks Sarah, it got so bushy on the sides and back, really looked nasty. 

Went to lunch yesterday with my new curly style, and my bff said she actually liked it. I said it looked like a bad perm, but she disagreed.  I then went to fabric store to pick up the backing and batting needed to finish the quilt.  I am there quite often and some of the clerks know me by name.  One of them commented on the "new" hair cut.  I explained why it was so short and she said she also liked it.  So I guess I have to get used to this new look, until it changes again, which will be next week.  Each week it grows a little more or fills in a little more and then I have a whole new look.

I complain about how my hair looks, but compared to last year (bald) I really should not complain at all.  At least Wayne helps, he makes me laugh about myself.  When I was bald, he called me fuzzy and smiled, because I had little fuzzy hairs sticking up all over.  Now he calls me kinky. He is not making fun of me but with me.  He really has been a big help to me and lifts my spirits when I get low.  When you live with someone for 45 years you sometimes take them for granted and even get a little annoyed at some of their habits.  But after last year, Wayne really showed me how much we really do love each other. 

I have to say, even with all that has happened, I am a very lucky and grateful gal.  You know the old saying, If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  That's what Wayne and I are doing making lemonade.

No comments: