Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Birthday Girl

I just realized today is May 2nd, our granddaughter Emma Jean is 6 today.  Unfortunately we wont be able to spend time with her today. She is having a birthday party at her other gmas in Wisconsin Rapids. But I am thinking of her and wishing her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway.  Called her a few minutes ago, she is pretty excited she was playing with her new Zhu Zhu pet. Looks like I will be shopping for Zhu Zhu, she is collecting these and has a few already. Hopefully we will see her in a week or two and spend time with her and the rest of her family.

Its a shame we are all so busy just doing our daily things that we miss the time we could and should be spending with our loved ones. 
Wayne and I are both retired (forced retirement for me) and still we don't seem to find the time to do all the things we want to do.  Between the 2 of us we have spent more time seeing doctors than our family.  He had back surgery on March 5th and is still recovering from that. Not completely healed yet, but getting better than he was.

This darn knee has prevented me from doing a lot of things, but I'm going to make up for it as soon as possible. 

I did manage to pull a few weeds today, darn creeping Jennie, almost smothered my rose bushes. But I got them before they could. Tomorrow I will attack some more. Have to do little at a time. Just hope I can get ahead of them before they take over all of my flowering plants

No comments: