Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Lazy Day

Well it finally happened.  I'm pooped.  Taking the day off.  Gonna sit and watch crappy TV, work on computer and just sit and relax.  Woke up this morning feeling like that's it, not going to push myself today.  I did manage to clean the quilting machine, after 6 quilts in a row, it was becoming pretty dusty.  Even though I clean it each time it is used, I did a deep clean, removed parts and pieces to get at the lint that collects in inner parts.

I did go to Loose Threads with Dee Dee.  She was buying I was looking.  Now I'm sitting in my recliner and that's where I plan on staying for a good part of the day.

I finally took the pictures of Nettie's new quilt, Turning Twenty, with tone on tone color.





I did a various size tear drop swirl.  I have used this stitching in border before, and thought "how would this look all over" ?   I loved it.  As I was quilting along I would change the size of pattern and this made it fun and interesting all at the same time.  Nettie didn't care for the colors in the quilt, thought it was too bland, but after I finished the quilting, it really made it pop.

No comments: