Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Making Changes

For many years I have used every excuse as to why I don't lose weight.  I'm old, I'm a grandma, its OK for grandmas to be (my favorite saying) fluffy, who do I need to impress I'm happy being me etc etc etc.

Well the time has come to face reality. I'm over weight and its not doing me any good. 

Around Christmas time I made a choice to really look at myself and make a decision is this who I want to be or do I want to be a better healthier me.

I have the tools to do this.  Years ago I joined Weight Watchers and actually lost 25lbs on the program.  However, it didn't last because I made the choice to go back to all the old eating habits.

Now I'm back on the program. So far Ive lost 8 lbs, since really keeping track.  Actually, since my last doctor visit in December I have lost 12 lbs.  Not counting those lbs previously lost, just doing the counting since I started the program again. 

Was really hoping for 10lbs by this weekend, but its a struggle.  The first 8 came off really quickly, but I knew that wouldn't last.  Now my body is trying its darnedest to hang on to every ounce.

The main thing is to keep going and don't give up.  I will never be a skinny minny again, but would be so happy to reach a goal I have set for myself.  I wont tell you that goal weight, but I will let you know how I'm progressing towards it.

This may be premature, but I already feel better.  I have had more energy and noticed, when I go shopping my back does not hurt nearly as much as it did before.  Imagine how good I'm going to feel with each lb gone.


Now back to quilt talk.  Yesterday was a good sewing day.  I sewed practically the entire day. Finished the center of my "pinwheels" just have to do outer borders and then of course quilt it.

Today, not so much it was the Susie homemaker cleaning day, bank day and take Belle to the vet day.

Last Saturday Kylee stayed overnight and we managed to finish a bag for her sewing machine. Wrong, grandma measured wrong and she wound up with a large tote but not big enough for her sewing machine.  Its OK, because a tote can be used for many different things.  She said this one would be good for her Karate things. 

It was possible for me to set up her sewing machine on the back of my quilting machine frame and I sewed at my machine.  How nice it was for both of us to be sewing at the same time.



This is the fabric she chose to make another bag, big enough for her machine as we had planned.   I'm sure some you will remember this fabric from the wall hanging she made for her sister.  Glad she is using it up, don't know how I could possibly use this fabric.


Tomorrow I don't have to go anyplace or clean anything, its going to be a good productive day.



No comments: