Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tuesday Clinton Class

The class for Stepping Stones at Twin Turtle Quilt Shop, Clinton, went really well yesterday. 

There were 3 ladies signed up and with Teresa and myself that made 5 of us to play all day.

They were a fun bunch of ladies and I enjoyed every minute teaching them the Stepping Stones pattern.



Joyce, Tody, yes Tody (nickname), shop owner, Teresa, and Vivian

Joyce busy cutting


Tody appraising her blocks

Vivian working on sewing her strips together

Orange and Purple - Vivian's

Joyce's

Tody's and the quilt top with border is Teresa's she had put this together previously and wanted to show everyone how nice a multi color can look

It always amazes me how one pattern can look so different just by color choices. 

Every one admired the bold choice of purple and orange one of Vivian's.  Purple and orange are not colors one would normally consider but they are absolutely beautiful together.

Tody chose multiple colors and that is turning out great.  I like all the colors, lol, she unfortunately or fortunately depending on your view, sewed a few pieces together wrong and wound up with some different blocks, which Teresa and I kept moving around and finding new pattern to be used.  We like the look of the mistakes and by putting  the 2 mistakes together with a white sashing, gave it an entirely different look, one we like very much.

Finally Joyce chose to do 3 colors 2 different browns, and a beige and that is also going to be one gorgeous quilt.

I forgot to tell the ladies to give me a call when they are finished because I really want to see the finished quilts.   Maybe Teresa can call them for me and send them my email to attach pictures or meet up with me again at Twin Turtle Quilts.


There is another class I'm teaching 2/24/12 at TT Quilts - Lightning Strike and all of these ladies are planning on signing up for that class too.  I am so looking forward to teaching them again.

Also did a show and tell of French Braid, and I think there is some real interest in taking a class.

Tomorrow is the monthly quilt with the girls day and I have no idea which of my many UFOs I plan on working on. 

I could take Barb's wall hanging, but if I move the blocks off the design wall I would have to mark each one to keep it the right order. If I move just one out of place it would throw off the entire quilt

Sew many choices, Ill sleep on it and make my decision tomorrow morning.




No comments: