Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Another Productive Day

Breakfast with friends and then back to quilting.

Finished quilting the Winter Fabric Stepping Stones:




I cheated and machine sewed the binding instead of my usual hand sewing.  Have so much to get done in next few weeks, felt it was OK to do this. This is not going to be in any quilt shows, so OK by me it has machine binding.  Actually it turned out pretty nice, I used a decorative stich and I see nothing wrong with it.

Did manage to hand sew the binding Floating Stars tonight.

Saturday Ky came over and she managed to sew another bag.  I will post her bags as soon as I get some buttons sewn on them.  She is not comfortable with hand sewing, so I agreed I would do her buttons for awhile.  But one of these days she is going to have to do some of this work herself.  In fact, I think next Saturday would be a good day to start.

Just finished catching up on emails, visited my favorite website Connected Threadz to see what the girls have been up to today.  They have been busy as well.

Working extra hard doing above and beyond the usual with quilt show coming up and wanting to get quilts to display at Twin Turtle Quilts Shop in Clinton, it feels like I am burning the candle at both ends.  Lets hope all this hard work pays off in the near future. I also have to check in with Loose Threads, Mary Kay mentioned she wanted some of my quilts at her shop for an upcoming shop hop.

Tomorrow starting a Tshirt quilt for bff Nettie.

Does it sound like I am rambling.  I might be.  So many ideas and projects running through my head, and I want to get everything done all at the same time.  I know this cant be done, but that doesn't stop my brain from going on overload.

For now, "just breath" which I was reminded of by one of my CT friends. Good advise.  Think I should take it and breath slowly, get focused and go to bed.




2 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Lovely quilt! looks really cozy.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much. I really love designing my own patterns.