Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Getting My Routine Back

After all those weeks of packing, moving etc, today was one of those days that felt normal.

Excited about sewing and quilting again.

Went to Twin Turtle Quilts in Clinton today where Teresa (owner) and I spent some good time together.  I enjoy her shop so much.  In particular a quilt top she had hanging I had not seen before. Memory loss has kicked in, but I think she said it was called Funky Hearts. Its quite unusual and primitive looking.  Next time I go I'm taking my camera.  She said there isn't a pattern, but she teaches how to do this top in one of her classes.

We have set 2 classes for me to teach my patterns.  The first will be Stepping Stones and the date is 1/24/12 - 10-3pm.  Sign up with Teresa at her shop or let me know you are interested and I can give you the information on her shop and directions. You can also find Twin Turtle Quilts on face book.

The second class will be Lightning Strike and that date is 2/23/12 10-3pm.  Ditto on how to sign up.

While visiting with Teresa, we played around with the SS blocks and found yet another way to change placement and come up with 2 different designs.

I told her I have yet to put together all the ways these blocks can be moved around to make totally different patterns from the same cuttings. So far I have 6 different patterns just by moving pieces around in different placements.

I'm just playing with them for now. Will get serious about making a quilt sometime in the near future.


No comments: