Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Deena's Stepping Stones Wall Hanging

Found enough fabric in stash to complete this cute wall hanging.



Pieced Backing Using Up More Stash

Quilted with stippling stitch

By using the new sewing/piecing technique this quilt can be made in half the time it used to take. The 9 blocks for this were made in one day, actually in just a few hours.  Spent more time searching for fabrics than I did in cutting and sewing. Loving the new pattern.

This is going to a good home.  Deena, my daughter in law - Ken's wife had asked me to make a wall hanging for their new addition. Nothing makes me happier than to make quilts and pieces for my family and friends. She told me the colors in the room, and I'm hoping these colors will work for them. 

Looking foward to taking this with us Saturday.  We are going to (grandson) Luke's birthday party and will bring this along to audition it in the new room.  I'm thinking if it doesnt work in the livingroom, maybe it would look good in the kitchen diningroom area.







No comments: