Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Keeping Busy

Just 2 more full days before I leave for Houston.  Getting so excited, I have to keep myself busy so I don't just sit and think about it.  This way the time flies and I'm not bored.

Had our sew day with the girls Thursday.

Here is what I was working on from scraps I brought along

Did just the top at the sew day, came home and finished off with backing and trim.


Put on table with a fall decoration and look how cute that is:

Have a few more to make, and really want to get a few with Christmas theme going

Julie stopped by with a larger carry on suitcase for my trip.  Yay as the one I was going to use was a little smaller and totally cramped with everything that I'm taking with me.

Now with the additional space I can actually bring some purchases home with me.  The plan was to ship anything I bought in Houston back to my home.  Now it gets to come with me.

Haven't a clue what I will buy, but you just know I will be spending some money. Right?

We have been planning this trip since around January or February and Now its almost here.

Like I said before, I wont believe I'm going until I'm sitting on the plane.  Which brings up another subject.  I have never flown before, so glad I have an experienced traveler (Julie) going with me.  She can lead me around and keep me out of trouble.

Sew ( pun ) if you don't hear from me for a while its because I'm not here I'm in Houston.  Will be back Nov 5th late evening.

Tuesday the 6th will be unpacking and of course checking in with all of my friends and family, real and net.

In the meantime I will still be sewing and quilting until departure. Leaving 5:30am Wed. You and I know I cant possibly let any day go by without sewing something.

Actually Im thinking tomorrow morning, I will load one of my small quilts that has been hanging on the to do door for quite some time.

Have a dentist appointment at 1:00 but that still leaves hours and hours that I can be sewing.






No comments: