Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

There's Nothing Wrong

I have spent the last week, thinking I had to fix Stepping Stones pattern.

Talk about a waste of mind matter.  I kept thinking the Fat Quarters wouldn't work and needed to change the pattern to yardage and other changes.

This morning I decided to follow my own instructions and cut the fat quarters as I needed to do a complete column.

It works just the way it is supposed to.  Have no idea why in my mind it wouldn't work with the new cutting and sewing technique.  So very happy it does. Didn't want to have to rewrite the entire pattern.

As usual when I'm working up a pattern I just grab some fabrics from my stash with no intention of actually making anything with the blocks.  And as usual I like the way the blocks look so much I just have to make something.  So after working the pattern and getting the 6 blocks necessary from a fat quarter, I had to dig out some more fabrics to make a wall hanging or baby quilt.

These are not sewn together yet, but once they are I will add borders and should have a decent size baby blanket, wall hanging or lap quilt.  The block to the side is just an extra, as there is absolutely no more fabric to make any more of these blocks.  Wish there was.  These fabrics look retro and I'm liking the looks of this.

Barb and Larry came and picked up their Sweet Surprise wall hanging, and they were very please with the outcome, and she also purchased Lazy Hourglass lap quilt.


All in all today has been a pretty good day.


2 comments:

Kay Lynne said...

Will be looking forward to seeing your quilt put together. Love the red and white quilt.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kay