Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Lizzie Back In Action

Today I did my first large quilt since moving.   Lizzie worked great.  I was a little concerned the move might have given her a problem. 

Once I got the tension straightened out and and had to do a little adjustment to leveling, she ran fine. 






Customer quilt, "Margaret"  Exploding Pineapple pattern.  Customer requested freehand the letters FFA, as this is a donation quilt.  So I did as she asked, but wish I had drawn it out first and then stitched.  It looks OK and not bad enough to rip out, but would have liked to have made it a little better.  She liked it and that's the important part.

It was really nice getting back to quilting, cant wait to do another one asap.

I have several of my own to do, just have to get some backing and batting.  Maybe I can get around to do one or 2 next week.

Its strange quilting in a different room.  Who would have thought, but my machine actually sounds differently in the new room.  For some reason, I feel more relaxed and not as pressured to hurry the quilting as I did in the old house.  I'm wondering if it is because I am now on one level, where before I was "isolated" from the rest of the house.  I always thought I liked the isolation, my own little world, Or it could be I felt I had to stay with it, because I didn't want to have to go up the stairs and then back down again to finish what I had started.  Now I enjoy the fact I still have my own room, but feel more connected with the rest of the house and the freedom to stop and know its just a few feet away if I want to start up again,

I'm thinking I'm going to be doing some awesome quilting here.






No comments: