Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Getting Back Into My Routine

Would you believe it took me 2 days to get over the 2 day quilt show weekend.  I must be getting old (naw) but definitely not used to sitting and talking to hundreds of people for hours on end. It was a good 2 days I must admit.  I enjoyed most of it.

Now getting back to my routine.  Yesterday I sewed together 2 totes/bags for customer.

Today I finally got back to doing what I really love. QUILTING on my  Tin Lizzie long arm.

Here is the pics of newest quilt for a customer.  Terri is new to quilting but she is doing great.  Keep it up Terri.




This is a 90x93 and I did an overall swirl pattern of various sizes.  Pretty huh?  No this is not my Peacock Feathers stitch, as the swirls are left open. For Peacock Feathers I close the swirls with a tear drop.

Nettie brought a few of her quilts to do this morning, and I have 2 of Vicki's to do.  I love being busy and I love the quilting part.  I never know what pattern I will use until I see the quilt all spread out over the quilting table.  Then I just jump right in and it usually turns out the way I imagine it to be.

I was just telling a friend the other day, when I lost my job due to layoffs in 2009, I never thought I would come to realize it was the best thing that could have happened to me at this time of my life.

As they say when ONE DOOR CLOSES A WINDOW OPENS.  I am now true believer of this.

No comments: