Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Finally Its Quilted

Have you missed me?????

Been pretty busy last few days so haven't posted any new blogs.

The good news, finally quilted the Black & Red Lightning Strike




I used a small meandering stitch on this and it turned out beautiful.  I just cant get a good picture of this quilt.  Tried hanging from my deck but wind kept blowing it around, so then I put it over a couple of chairs for close ups, but really need to get a decent picture to use for the cover of the printed pattern.  Next I will try hanging it inside on my curtain rod over patio doors, to see if I can get a better picture.

If you could only see this for real, the red is a deep dark red with swirls of reds and hints of black swirls, its so pretty.

Finished this a couple of days ago, but as you know, black just loves to pick up any little piece of lint, thread and whatever.  I actually had to lay on floor and vacuum it to clean it up.

Since finishing this, I have now started my Barn Chix challenge quilt. Wow is this one a head twister.  Manged to do 5 of 20 blocks so far.  Need to have this done for July showing at Loose Threads.  Time is flying by.  Going on vacation Wed and returning Sunday the 5th.  Then its time to get the house ready and the cooking done for the Wedding June 11th. 

In between all of that, I do have another beautiful quilt to get quilted for my sister in law Dee Dee.  Want to do this before vacation.

Today is not the day for quilting, helped our granddaughter Britt move yesterday and I threw my back out. Ouch.  Rested it all last night with heating pad, better today, but pretty tender so gonna take it a little easy.  When am I gonna learn, not as young as I used to be and the body parts don't work as well either.

As Scarlett says, "I'll think about that tomorrow".

I am at THAT step in my quilting, three projects going all at the same time.  I swore I would always finish one before starting another.  Well that's not happening. 

1. Trying my level best to finish the pastel Lightning Strike
2. Complete Barn Chix Challenge
3. Work on Stepping Stones using greens and red, started as a practice before my workshop.

"I'm late I'm late for a very important date".

No comments: