Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

North Woods

How many times have you purchased a "Kit" including pattern, and when you get it home the only thing that attracted you was the material.

This is what happened to bff Nettie, she like the material so much she bought the kit and when she got around to making the quilt she didn't like the pattern.  I didn't think so much of it either.  So like so many times in the past we designed one together she did like using the material she liked so well. 

This is what we came up with:






She didn't want anything too detailed, going to a man for Xmas, so we did basic strips and rows. 

I stitched with landscape/rippling water stitching.  As usual I machine sewed the binding on for her, Nettie, always forgets how to miter strips and corners for binding, so I just do it for her. 

She does so many favors for me, don't mind at all doing this little extra work for her.

No comments: