Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

MY BB Stockings




Finished my small BB quilt;


This is only a 36 x 46, that was enough.  Sometimes these Buggy Barns are more of a challenge than I anticipate.  They always turn out cute, but you just never know how much trouble you might run into.

We are having our meeting Dec 1st along with treats.  Looking forward to see what the other girls in the group did with this challenge.

I will probably use mine for a back of the couch quilt. Not big enough to cover up with, but it would be a nice way to decorate for Christmas.

Wondering if the group will come up with yet another challenge or maybe just do something simple for our next meeting 3 months from Dec.

For a Longarm quilter, one of the most difficult processes is getting the correct tension, top and bottom on the LA.  After seeing many comments on Connected Threadz, I decided to finally purchase the TOWA bobbin and upper tension gauges.  They arrived yesterday and had my first opportunity to try them this morning.

Not even sure if I know how to use them correctly, so watched a couple of videos and I think I know what to do.  This should really help me to be consistent with my tensions.  I certainly hope so.

No comments: