Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Teri's Butterfly Quilt

Feeling oh so much better today.  First thing this morning went to sewing room and finished this cute twin quilt ( thought it was going to be a baby quilt until I measured it ).  A Butterfly print deserves a butterfly stitching.





This was a little tricky to do as the backing was a silky flimsy fabric. I was really concerned about pleating or puckering, but it worked out fine.  The edges were the tricky part, not enough fabric to use my clamps, so I just held on tight with one hand and quilted with the other. It worked and I'm likeing the way it turned out.
I seem to be in a stitching rut.  Using meandering and pops of designs here and there.  It has just worked out this way for the past 3 quilts that have come in.

My next quilt top to do is for one of the BB challenge stockings.  I dont know what Im going to do with this one. Wont know until I get it loaded on frame.  She did request something simple, no customizing.  I will probably do a meandering or looping and throw in a little extra here and there. Like I said I will know once its loaded.

Already cleaned the sewing room and the quilting machine is all ready for its next workout. Maybe even this afternoon, but first UGH cleaning for tomorrow.




No comments: