Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

BB update

Its been busy and productive the last few days here at my house.

Manage to finished the BB Stockings quilt also finished the center of another Turning Twenty.


this is before its sewn together
Today was the monthly sew day with the girls. We had a great time as usual and I learned how to make Crumb blocks for a Crumb quilt.  Basically this is another way to make a scrap quilt.  Its quite fun and look forward to doing more blocks and using more scraps.  Lets hope It wont be necessary for me to throw this scrap one away.

While doing the T/20 it made me think of yet another pattern for a quilt that my granddaughter Brooklynn wants.

She wants a quilt made with tropical fish.  I purchased the fabric months ago but could not decide what pattern to use.  The fabrics are so pretty didn't want to cut the fish up.


Testing one way to lay out the blocks.  Managed to get 2 of 3 rows sewn at sew day today. Everyone liked this quilt very much and I'm liking it too.  I just hope by the time I get it to her, she hasn't changed her mind about the fish quilt. If she does, I will give it to her little brother Luke.

There is much to do, must get T/20 sewn and quilted by this weekend. I am making this for Bff Nettie, and she is giving it as a Christmas present this Thanksgiving.  They are celebrating with part of their family Thanksgiving and Christmas all in the same day.  Some of her family is coming from out of town, and wont be coming back for Christmas.

In addition I have my own Christmas presents I need to finish by Dec 18th. This is when we are doing our family Christmas with our children and their children.  I also have to quilt the Stockings by Dec 1st.

And, hopefully I will have more customer quilt tops to quilt. I can always find time for my customers. They come first and everything else is secondary and how I spend my days when Im not quilting for others.




No comments: