Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Stockings Another Buggy Barn Challenge

Yes its time for another BB Challenge.  This pattern was actually drawn up by one of our Barn Chixs girls.

Alice and I met up yesterday. She purchased her fabrics and after a nice lunch out,  we came back to my house to cut and sew.

Diana N. came with us and I'm so glad she did.  Diana is a newbie quilter, and has made one quilt and working on another. She is doing a BOM through Stoughton LQS Saving Thyme. After watching Alice and I trying to figure out how to assemble the BB, she said the BOM seems easy.

The first block took me a couple of hours to put together. For some reason, couldn't figure out how to start. I had forgotten to go from A,B C etc in that order.  Alice came to see what I was doing and pointed it out to me.  After that it started to go together pretty quickly. 

We started at 1pm and hadn't realized how the time was going by. Finally finished the first block at 4pm.  In between sewing there was much talking and laughing.  I really enjoy sewing with friends. The time flys by when you are having so much fun.




See the difference in size from cut pieces to completed block after sewn and trimmed.
Six blocks cut. Finished one yesterday, and laid the others out on my board this morning  Managed to get 2 more blocks completed..

While I'm sewing, I hear Wayne singing to me from upstairs "Happy Birthday to You:"     I started to laugh out loud, and thinking to myself  "and that's why we have been married for 47 years" this month.  He can frustrate me so much at times, as I'm sure I do him, but throughout our years together, he has always made me laugh.

Oh yeah, its my BD today, no big plans, but as I sit here writing my blog, I feel so content and happy. Dont need big BD celebration, just family and good friends and oh yes of course my sewing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jeannie! Contentment is the ultimate gift - enjoy it! And eat cake.

Unknown said...

Oh thanks so much. YIKES, I just remembered have to send you something. OOPPPSSSS Sorry