Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Having Fun Today

I just finished another Turning Twenty.  Finished the sewing portion yesterday and quilted it today.

Just messing around with meandering and throwing a flower here and there. It was fun to do, and I will be doing this on another quilt someday. Perfect for a little girls quilt




All freehand, so none of the flowers are exactly the same, which make it fun. Don't worry that one petal is larger than the other, don't worry that some flowers have 4 petals and others have 6.  I guess that's why I love freehand, so individual, and not repetitive.  I know some people want that "perfect" stitch, but I have always been a fan of freehand or even pantos.  When you do a panto, you can not follow the line perfectly and for me that's great then it doesn't look like it came out of Walmart comforter section.

I do have to admit, the quilters using computers do some beautiful work, how can it not be, and Im not saying its a bad thing, but I just prefer a good freehand quilting.

My work will probably never be an award winning quilt show blue ribbon, but for your everyday, average take home and cuddle quilt, Im happy with my stitching.

3 comments:

Kay Lynne said...

The quilt looks so cheery and makes you smile when you see it :) The quilting looks great!

Anonymous said...

I'm like you. I will never win anything but I love my quilts. I live in Janesville and saw you in the phone book. Why are you in there under quilting? Do you do it as a business?

Anonymous said...

I'm like you. I will never win anything but I love my quilts. I live in Janesville and saw you in the phone book. Why are you in there under quilting? Do you do it as a business?