Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Quilt Guild

Went to the first meeting of new quilt guild "Friendship Stars Quilt Guild" Milton, WI.  Meetings are held in the Milton House, Milton WI.
They are just starting up with new memberships.  I think its going to be a good group of quilters and look forward to the meetings and sharing with them many ideas.

I have never belonged to a guild before, but have been thinking about joining one for a long time.  Once I heard it was going to be in Milton, I knew this was the one I wanted to check out.

Of course at end of meeting there is a show and tell, and the groups organizers brought the show and tell items.  Next meeting I anticipate many more show and tells, and I will bring something to the meeting.

This morning went to workout class, and then came home to my sewing room.  Started the T-Shirt quilt for a customer.  It is going along quite well, and will have ready for quilting by tomorrow afternoon.  I worked in my sewing room from 10am until 4pm.  The only reason I quite was to fix supper and get ready to go to the guild meeting.  If I hadn't had to do this, would have finished the quilt this afternoon.

This is the first T-shirt quilt I have ever done, and I am quite pleased with the outcome of my first one.  Pics to follow upon completion.

No comments: