Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Is my quilt cursed

So happy yesterday, I am back to quilting.  I messed around with the tension for 2 days and finally got the right combination for top and bottom tension. 

Don't have a clue as to why it was so out of whack, but got it fixed.  So I happily began quilting. 

This is going to be one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever done.  I am doing a customized stitching and worked on it for a few hours yesterday.  Very pleased with the way it looks.

Now comes the curse.  I am using a King Tut Variegated "Passion Fruit" thread.  Down to a 6" border to finish and would you believe, ran out of thread.  As I am quilting along, I can see thread is getting low, and I pray please, please, please let me finish before all the tread is gone.   Prayer was not answered.  For some reason, this quilt just doesn't want to get finished. 

It will take 2 to 3 days to get thread delivered.  None of the quilt stores has this thread in stock. Ordered on line, and also had placed an order with Life's A Stitch, last week as I knew I would need to do the second identical quilt.  So there it sits on my quilting table looking gorgeous and unfinished.  I can't do any other quilting until thread arrives and I finish this one.

That's why I think I am cursed for now. 

OK, so I cant do any quilting today.  But I have other plans.  Wayne and I are going shopping for the laminate flooring we are putting in our kitchen and dinning room. 

Even if I can't get my quilts done, my home improvements are moving right along.





Highlight of my week, Little Tavyn came to visit great grandma for a few hours.

No comments: