Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

To Panto Or Not To Panto

As you know I do mostly free motion quilting, but to spice it up a little I decided to do a Panto on this customer quilt



I haven't done pantos in 2 years and thought it was time to expand my craft.  Pantos are beautiful but they do present a little challenge compared to free motion.  Free motion I just stitch what I want where I want and it works.  With pantos you have to follow the lines (as best you can) and know where to start and stop and also make sure that when you get to the bottom of the quilt you can fit in a final pass without leaving too little or to much at the end of the quilt.

Very happy with the results of this panto "Ambrosia" from Urban Elementz and yes I will do a panto again, and still do my free motion when I feel it calls for it.

No comments: