Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Windmills Finished

Finished the quilting and sewed on the binding to Windmills today.  Thought I would show you the completed wall hanging





I now wish I had made it into a lap or bed quilt.  Not ready to  hang this yet.  Taking to next Barn Chicks meeting to show the girls.  Maybe it will be one of the patterns to be used into book of patterns the Barn Chicks are thinking of doing.  Quilted with the landscape stitch.  This is one of my favorite stitches.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I just love this design. Is it your own idea? Add a bit of blue and it is just my color.
I can relate to tiny homes, living in a rabbit hutch myself. Sommehow we pulled off thanksgiving dinner with my daughter and I skuttling like beach crabs back and forth in the kitchen.
Beware ov sitting and relaxing...that's when the ideas hit!

Unknown said...

Thanks Julie, yes it is my own idea. Thats the beauty of quilting, you can take any pattern and change the colors you like and waa laa you have what you want. I am thinking of making this pattern into a larger quilt, dif shades of blue would be awesome. We had a good Thanksgiving, line up 2 at a time to get served and find a corner to sit in. You know what they say about little homes, brings the family together.