Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

This Was Not A Day Of Rest Sunday

Anything but restful today.  Up and worked out a new pattern.  Yes I was supposed to be taking a break from new patterns, but I had a brain storm on something new to an old tried and true.  Had to sew a few blocks to see if its going to work and yes it is.  Rummaged through the Hugh stash that Dee Dee gave me and I have enough to do another quilt. Whoo Hoo.

Cut fabric for a Turning Twenty Quilt for Nettie.

Kylee came to sew today.  She is doing a bag for Nettie, who by the way is paying Ky to do this for her.  Kylee is "over the moon" excited.  "Over the Moon"  I got this saying from a dear lady I talk to through Connected Threadz. She is from Australia (the one that sent me the beautiful fabrics).  I simply love her expressions.

Kylee finished the bag and then on to putting a binding on her Zebra print wall hanging.

She is such a smarty pants.  First time sewing on a binding and I showed her the first corner, how to sew to end, miter fold fabric and begin again.  Left her to sew the side on and told her to let me know when she met the next corner.  Little stinker did the second corner all on her own without even asking me, and she did it perfectly.   She has trouble doing the hand sewing, so I showed her how to do a front machine sewn binding with a fancy stitch.  No problem for her.

Her mind is like a sponge, she retains everything. 

Next weekend we drop off our quilts at the quilt committee collection center and she is all but ready to do this.  Just have to put on sleeves on the backs of her 2 quilts, type up an information and description [paper to be put with each quilt and she will be ready.

I wish I could say the same for me.  I still have 2 of my own quilts to put on my LA and quilt them and put their bindings on.  Oh and I haven't done any of the bags I'm hoping to have finished by then.

I might have to get Ky to make me some bags.  If I had 2 sewing machines here, we could crank a couple out next weekend.