Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Craftsy Designer

I'M a "Craftsy Designer" - I have posted some of my patterns on http://www.craftsy.com/ a web site that lets you sell your patterns through efile PDF files using Pay Pal. I have added a BUTTON to my page that will take you to this link. 

I just started posting my patterns and so far have sold 5 on  line.  whoopee for me!!

Have to get a few more into print and I will be listing them there as well.  Not to mention http://www.urbanelementz.com/ is going to be listing some of my patterns on line as well.  We are still working out the pattern display and then they will be listed.

In the meantime I am of course working on my quilts of my own and quilting customer quilts.

3 years ago, when I was laid off from my everyday job, I had no idea where my life would be headed.  After going through the deep depression( lasted only 2 weeks) and then making the decision to do what I love the most - quilting, I can truly say "things always happen for a reason".

A question was asked on www.connectedthreadz.com,   This BUTTON  is also on my page to the link (my favorite quilters group on  line."Whats your favorite part of quilt making/swing"?

So many answers to this question.

First love is the longarm quilting part. I love loading a quilt, whether it be a clients quilt or my own. The quilt, once loaded, tells me which design I should use to enhance the design of the quilt. Don't laugh it really happens that way.

2nd - designing new quilts.  Its always fun to get an idea in my head and going to my sewing room and start cutting and sewing pieces and finding just the right formula to make a new design.

3rd would be picking fabrics for a pattern.  Then the real fun begins, cutting and piecing blocks together.

I do (as most quilters have) parts of the quilting process that doesn't thrill me.  For me its putting on borders.  I don't know why but when I get to the borders I have to push myself to get them added, even though I know this is the final step to a quilt top.  Maybe because its the boring part.  You already have the beautiful blocks assembled and now you just add strips of fabrics to frame it. 

Speaking of, I better get back to my sewing room, I'm working on the fabrics from OZ.




No comments: