Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sew In Day With CT Friends

I joined an on line sewing/quilting group called Connected Threadz, and am having so much fun with this group of sewers. I have a link button to this site if you would like to check it out.

We post pictures, chat give tips and help each other out with suggestions.

Today we had our first sew in day.  Plan a project or projects you want to work on and keep updates all day of your progress with pictures.

I made these pillows for Brittany (granddaughter) still have to hand sew the binding but other than that they turned out great.  She came over today with DJ (boyfriend) and I finished one before she left, so she took that one home and will get the other later this week.

In addition to the pillows I worked on my newest Floating Stars pattern, have only 1 more row to put on and the center will be done, just having to add borders.

Now I am going to get on my soap box:::::::::::  Yesterday I went with Ky to Dee Dee's to drop off Ky's wall hanging for embroidery.  While we were there, we heard a cat meowing.  Dee Dee does not have any pets.  Found it under her sewing shed.  When it came out from under we saw how starved the poor thing was. My guess the cat had maybe one or 2 more days before it would be dead from starvation.  This was not just a stray, feral cat.  You could tell it had been a house cat, declawed and so friendly. Came right to us purrrrrring and meowing, with the weakest voice I had ever heard from a cat.

Dee Dee fed it some tuna fish and milk, and the poor think just gobbled at the food. Even stopping to meow and purr at us. I felt so sorry for it.  She is going to fatten it up and either take it to the humane society or find a good home for it.

Why do people just drop off their pets in the country?  Do they think some miracle will happen and the animal will fend for itself and live happily ever after? Whats wrong with you???  How would like it to be left in the woods or along the road to fend for yourself after being fed, and live in a warm house. 

If you don't want your animals THERE IS A SHELTER CALLED HUMANE SOCIETY.  Get your fat A off the couch drive to the society or find a good home.  There is no excuse for this behavior.  If worse comes to worse and you cant do that, do the humane thing and take it to the vet and have it put down, rather than to suffer abandonment.


2 comments:

Kay Lynne said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! We have to do another sew in soon :)

I agree that we need to take care of our animals.

Unknown said...

I had a great day. Looking forward to doing it again