Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

Its A Do Over

Remember the Lazy Hourglass wall hanging I just finished???


Well I cant use it for demonstration anymore.  I had a brilliant idea to wash it and give it that "quilty" look.

The reds bled, washed it with color catcher and everything. I have washed this 8 times and it just gets worse.  I thought those color catchers would save the day. Nope.

So now I'm doing another one but this time I'm using Christmas Fabrics, which I like even better than the previous wall hanging.

Not gonna try being cute with this one, leave it alone. Don't fix what isn't broke, right?


Have 4 of 12 blocks done, and the rest of the fabric is cut and ready for me to sew together.

Maybe will get it done by Wed at the latest. Really should get it to Twin Turtle Quilt Shop by end of this week, seeing as how I'm using Christmas fabrics, would be nice to show it off before Christmas is over.

The push is on, but kicking in my "Jean Mode" and everything will be done on time.




2 comments:

TDJ said...

I believe we have all been there. I am sure you will enjoy the new one much better. By the way, did you pre-wash the new fabrics? I am always too excited to start a new project that I rarely do this step.

Unknown said...

Ha, ha, no I didnt prewash the new fabric either. But Im now using high quality quilt fabric, and have no plans on washing this one.