Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanks Teresa @ Twin Turtle Quilt Shop

Teresa from Twin Turtle Quilt Shop Clinton, WI, wrote this about me and my patterns on Face Book. I appreciated it so much and her kind comments, wanted to share with you.



Stepping Stones by Jean Romack.





by Twin Turtle Quilts on Monday, November 28, 2011 at 12:54pm

.







I met Jean Romack in September when I had my booth at Quilt Expo. She noticed my sign advertising my new quilt shop and asked if I would be carrying other designer's patterns besides my own. She had published a few of her designs and had not gotten into any shop yet. I remembered how hard it was just starting out and that fear of contacting those first few shops. I told her to stop by the shop and we'd work something out, without even seeing her designs yet. Well, Jean has a real eye for design and I'm currently carrying four of her patterns. They fit in well with my own patterns. Quite frankly, most are similar to my own designs; complex looking but very simple to piece.Stepping Stones by Jean Romack



Jean, of Milton, Wisconsin, has also graciously let me borrow of few of her quilts and they are hanging in my shop. One of the patterns, Stepping Stones, has been intriguing me so much that I just had to stop what I was working on and try it out. Jean's quilt is done in a variety of greens, browns, reds, and golds; it's dark, earthy and gorgeous. I wanted to see what it looked like done in brights. Not having a lot of time, I decided to do just a portion of the full size quilt and make a crib size. I took 4 fat quarters of my pastel baby fabrics and paired them with 4 bright fat quarters. Wow, what a difference! Many customers don't believe it's the same pattern at first!Bright Stepping Stones by Teresa Popanz



The pattern was very simple to follow and the piecing was fairly easy. I quickly completed the crib size top in just a few hours. It's definitely one that I would make again. In fact, as I stare at it I picture it in other fabric combinations. I may just have to find time to play with it some more!


Besides Stepping Stones, I also have Jean's Floating Stars, Forever Diamonds (I get many compliments on this one), and Lightning Strike (I wish I would have thought of this design! It's so fun; I think I'm going to have to play with this one, too!). After the holidays I'll get Jean to come down and teach a few classes. She'll probably have a few more designs by then, too.

I appreciate so much her allowing me to have my patterns in her shop, and look forward to showing her more patterns as they are completed.
 
 
The next quilt I will give to her for display is the wall hanging
Lazy Hourglass that I just finished quilting and binding today.
 
As a free hand quilter, I am always trying to come up with stitching designs, and have been thinking about this one for over a month or so, finally decided to try it out on this quilt and I am very pleased with the results


Love doing freehand quilting and love it when it works out the way I imagined.

1 comment:

Kay Lynne said...

Thank you for sharing Jean! See you on CT :)