Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

Day After Christmas

Ho hum, its the day after Christmas and as usual spent the day doing what?  Not shopping, not returning presents, not eating left overs, no I did more moving. LOL this is getting ridiculous. My life is consumed by this move.  When your getting older it just takes longer.  Wayne and I have moved something everyday since the 15th of this month.  When your old  or older than we were when we moved in here, you can only do so much and then we have to stop and rest.

The good news, we are almost to an end. Stacy (daughter) came again this morning and we did another Hugh kick butt pack and move.  Now you would think with all of this, we would be finished, but oh no.  Its still goes on.

Tomorrow, my new dryer gets delivered to the new house between 8:30 and 10:30 am. Which means I have to go and wait for the delivery.  2 hours of down time would be good if I could sort and put things away, but I'm at a standstill.  I can not put anymore away until the furniture comes on Thursday, because everything that is there now, needs to be put on or in or around the furniture.

Both houses look like someone has come in and stolen just the items they wanted and left the rest. At this point, I almost wish someone would come to the old house and steal the rest, then I would take the insurance money and just buy more and have it delivered. 

Poor Wayne ( and me ) we are exhausted, he is in his TV chair, snoring away. I don't have the heart to wake him.  Its too early to go to bed so let him nap and I will wake him in time to go to bed. LOL again.

One thing is for sure, once I get the house settled, which shouldn't take too long, I am going to be sewing and quilting up a storm.

So dear friends, nothing important or interesting to post, but soon I hope. Sigh!!!!!!!  I have not even taken the time to look at the blogs I follow, where there is always something fun to see.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwCUg8pEjcc&feature=player_embedded  If you would like to watch a very interesting and helpful video, watch this one.  Lisa Calle shows how to do feather filler, I watched this several times and now can do these Free hand feathers on an overall quilt.  I have, since watching her video quilted 3 quilts doing the feather filler.

No comments: