Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Taking It All In Stride

Yippee, finished the 2nd quilt for Teri.  Feathers, feathers and more feathers.




This is my second attempt at feathers. Each time its quite a process to complete an entire quilt doing feathers all over.  Its an experience and hope to do more and get better and better.


I have more news.  Wayne and I have made a decision, which we have been thinking about for a long time.

We are putting our house up for sale, and going to be renting a 2 bedroom ranch home.  ONE level.  As we  are getting older and dealing with all that comes with it, we are finding this bi-level home is too much for us. The stairs are killing us.  Found this wonderful home to rent, and we are moving end of this month.

Lets see how much more stress I can add to my life.  Customer quilts needing to be done, and not missing a step completing them.  I have my own Christmas presents to finish by the 18th of this month, as we are celebrating our family Christmas that day. 

Have completed LZY Christmas wall hanging top for the Clinton shop.   Really hope I can get it quilted and over there by early next week, as it a little close to Christmas, and not much sense showing it after Christmas.  If not, will have to go to plan C. I say C because the first one (A) bled so bad cant display, plan B is the Christmas one, but if not finished in time, will do yet another one for display using everyday quilt fabrics. At this rate, I'm going to have 3 wall hangings all with the same quilt pattern.

Today is our Sew In Day with Connected Threadz, and my day started at 3:30am.  Couldn't sleep, so I started sewing right a way.  Just taking a short break and will get back at it again real soon.

My mind is racing with all the things that must get done before we move, but I'm confident all will work out the way its supposed to as it always does.

We are so excited about the move and living in a home without stairs. I really think I will get more accomplished in a day than I do now, if that's possible.




No comments: