Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Making Progress, Slowly

For the past few days, I have had much on my mind, which took away my energy and desire to sew and quilt.

Had to push myself just to do anything.  That's what mind stress can do to a person.

Wayne has been having problems again, and today he was in St Mary's Hosp in Madison, for a heart cath. Found blockages and had to put in 3 stints, but the good news is he is coming home tomorrow.

So now he is good for another few miles.

I did manage to do all of the Christmas Lazy Hourglass wall hanging blocks, Will have to assemble the blocks, add borders, quilt and bind, I feel I can get this done quickly, now that my mind is clear.

This year I made the decision not to put up a Christmas tree.  Its just Wayne and I here and nobody really comes to visit at this time of year.  We always do our celebrating at our daughters home.

I will put out some Christmas decorations here and there but no tree.

Now that I have made this decision, I am going to be giving my tree ornaments to our kids and grand kids.  I have been collecting crystal ornaments for years, and love the way they look. 

Pulled out the box of ornaments and looking through I realized I also have porcelain ornaments that I had made many years ago, when I was into making porcelain dolls.


I used to love making these, cleaning the bisk, painting the faces and assembling the dolls.  This was before I started quilting.

Both of these hobbies, are expensive, so gave up on the doll making and continued the quilting.

I get such pleasure out of making quilts, giving them to people I love.  Some I keep for myself, but most are gifts to others.

Then of course there is the quilting for others, that I really truly enjoy.  And lets not forget the designing of new patterns.

Quilting is a big part of who I am, and after I get Wayne home tomorrow, I can back to it.


2 comments:

TDJ said...

Yes, it is amazing how much the mind (and stress) can effect our overall experience. I get restless and cannot settle.
It is a blessing that DH is doing better and pray that is more long journeys than short miles.
My mother stopped digging out the tree when I was in high school. We would all gather around her ceramic light up tree she made when I was a young child. It was always swallowed up by the presents and be came the family joke, but endearing just the same.

Unknown said...

thanks Tracy, he is doing fine for now, we have been dealing with his heart issues for so many years, but he keeps plugging along, like the everready bunny. I think my daughter is making me a mosaic christmas tree this year. She does beautiful mosaics and when I told her no tree from now on her eyes lite up and said I think I can take care of that.