Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas

Although we have already done the family celebrating, and Wayne and I are home alone - its still been a very    nice Christmas day.

Made french toast for breakfast.

Nothing unusual for me to do some sewing.  You would think because its a special day I might not sew.  Not true. Today I'm playing in my sewing room, which is totally different than my usual sew days.

Made a new purse for me.



Stacy gave me a beautiful purse for Christmas, and have been using it for past few days.


Only one problem.  This purse, though beautiful, is quite heavy. Seriously, weighed it this morning and it is 3lbs, before I put in wallet, checkbook, phone etc.  After its loaded it must be at least 5-6 lbs.

So the new purse that I made comes in play.   I will keep the leather one for special occasions, and use the other for everyday. Especially shopping days.  By the time I finished going to the post office and shopping yesterday, I was worn out just from carrying the purse. I'm laughing for real, new purse is like doing arm lifts with weights, which makes for a pretty impressive weight training devise.

Leisurely sewing today. Can you believe, I have never ever, in all my years of sewing and quilting, made a log cabin quilt.

4 or more years ago, at a quilt show I purchased a special ruler just for making log cabin blocks.

For reasons unknown, I decided to give it a try.  (yeah I have nothing do in my sewing room)

Made this Log Cabin block from some Christmas Scraps sitting around.



In addition to working on Summer Breeze quilt




This is how I'm spending my Christmas day, not much different than most other days in the year, other than it is Christmas day.  While doing my sewing, I'm listening to Christmas music and reflecting on my family and friends.

Bff Nettie called me first thing, wishing each other a Merry Christmas and promise to get together real soon and do some serious sewing together.

Called our daughter Stacy and our son Ken wishing them a Merry Christmas.  I will be seeing Toby and Sarah later this afternoon, where we will be having a Christmas meal with them, and hugging and kissing Gus.  Not sure if Kylee will be there, hoping she is.  I always look forward to spending time with Ky.

My brothers called,  Don and SIL Cheryl, other brother Bill and SIl Donna and had nice long chats with each of them.

While this may not be a very exciting day, it has been a very special one.  I feel very blessed for having my family and friends near to me and in my heart.


Hoping you and your families have a Very Merry Christmas





.  

No comments: