Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Has Come And Gone For Another Year

Well you can put Thanksgiving 2012 in the books - its done and it was GREAT!!!

Everyone came to our house for the big dinner and to our great and happy surprise Toby, Sarah and baby Gus came as well.



















Just a few photos hehehehhe!!!!!

Everyone took their turn at hold baby, well almost everybody, the woman for sure.  Offered Wayne and he said nope waiting until he gets older.  Scaredy cat!!!!

This morning out for breakfast with Bill and Donna and they the 3 of us went to visit our niece Debbie.

Last night a good friend and quilt customer dropped off a quilt top for one of her friends.

We opened it up a little and took a quick peek, but did not examine it very much.  The friends grandmother made the quilt years ago and now the friend is having it quilted.

After returning from my visit with Debbie I proceeded to take another look and realised it needed some serious ironing. While ironing I knew immediately this was going to be a big problem.  It was hand pieced and nothing on this quilt is square or lays flat.

In process of ironing

Hand stitched

This is how it lays on the quilt machine

  Before doing any stitching I called My friend and told her the problem.  This is not going to be a quick quilting at all.  I'm going to have to be very labor intense in easing and stitching and the cost is much more than it normally would be.

After a phone call to her friend, she ok'd me to proceed and do the best job I can. So far I have done about one and half pass and this is what its looking like right now.  






There will be many puckers and pleats but I'm trying my best to hide them and still make a beautiful quilt

After the first row this is what I have to work with on the second and the remainder of the quilt.

I do think when all is said and done it will look beautiful and hopefully the customer agrees.  It, like I said, had been made by her grandmother and will be a keepsake.    I'm thinking once its quilted it should be washed just once to get the "quilted" look to hide any puckers and pleats.

This is not one of the quilts done in a day quilt, I will be working on this one for a few days.






No comments: