Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012

I Got Tattoos

Hehehehe - Not for me but for Lizzie my Longarm






While in Houston at our fun fun gathering I won these machine tattoos.  I was going to purchase them for Lizzie but so glad I won them instead.

Don't they just dress her up.   I think she likes them too, she has been very happy quilting away with me for the past few days.

Been working on an incredibly beautiful quilt for customer and its totally customized.  So far I have put in 16 or more hours and have probably 4 more to go.

Would have been finished by now, but have been suffering with a terrible cold.  At least yesterday I felt human enough to go to the workshop I had signed up for.

I enjoyed the workshop and learned a technique that I have been wanting to learn for a very long time.




This is what ours is suppose to look like.






Instructors completed pieces - awesome!





Basically take a photo, enlarge it, breakdown the sections of the picture and make applique pieces. Well that really is simplified.  Way more to it than that, but you get the idea.

We were working on Poinsettias and mine, so far doesn't look so good.  Maybe by the time I add the borders, quilt it and add the center it will look better.

For my first attempt its not too bad, but not as good as I had hoped it would be.  Like everything else, practice practice practice.




No comments: