Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Have The Best Job Ever

Sometimes I GET to quilt a very special quilt and this was one of those times.


Custom quilts take a great deal of time but so worth the extra time spent.  This beauty was sewn together by Julie Churchill.


















12 total baskets in this quilt, and each one deserved its own design.












All free motion quilting and I enjoyed every minute (except).  After I quilted one of the baskets I didn't like the way the "flower petals" looked. I tried a new stitch and it just didn't work.  Loving all but one block I decided it had to come out.  Spent 5 hours undoing one small section of the quilt, but it was so worth it.  

After picking out the unwanted stitches and redoing this morning I can now say I'm in love with this quilt.  Every square inch.






No comments: