Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas On Sunday

Because some of our family has other commitments for Christmas Eve and Christmas, we are going to celebrate the family Christmas today.

Family time, eat, kids open presents, clean up a little and then watch the Packer Game.  Sighhhh.

I had been very down in the dumps for past 2 days.  I really cant feel like Christmas when Wayne and I just sit at home and do the same things we do the other 365 days of the year. Get up eat breakfast, clean up the house, do laundry, make beds etc, you know the routine.  Spent last 2 days doing this and watching movies on TV with Wayne.   No friends no family, just us. 

Yes I know I'm complaining for no good reason, but for some reason this year it really bothered me that we weren't doing anything on Christmas.    This really isn't any different than any other year in the past.  We haven't been able to celebrate Christmas on Christmas for 6 years.  Always have to maneuver our Christmas to fit in with other family members plans.

I know for sure, next year I am going to make plans, even if it isn't with all of the family.  I'm going to plan a Christmas dinner for those that are around and have no other commitments.  I am NOT going to sit around and watch TV for 2 days without spending some time with some of my family.


MERRY CHRISTMAS, and even better NEW YEAR

No comments: