Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

One More Done

Between yesterday and today, progress!!!!!





No Idea what they are called but beautiful.  The color is actually a deep purple not blue but you know how well my camera takes purple pictures (not) 




Thought these were going to be ruined from the big storm yesterday, but  still looking good
Yesterday we had downpours not once but twice.  This morning I went out in my bathrobe and slippers to survey the damage and thought for sure the roses were done for and the peonies were all on the ground like somebody sat on them.  I knew I had my work cut out for me today.

Managed to tie up the roses and the peonies and they are looking beautiful again.  Finished off another flower bed. Sigh making progress and its really starting to show.

My lovely LL Diane came over and she worked on the mound  its looking good.  Not done but oh so much better. More photos to follow when its really presentable.

I have another bed I started yesterday morning at around 7 and worked until around 2 in the afternoon.  About 3 more hours and that one will be finished and ready for its photo shoot.

Yes yes yes I'm still quilting.  First thing tomorrow I have a customer quilt to do along with more blocks for LQS demo quilt Six Flags.

Now I have 2 addictions quilting, my first love and now gardening.

I couldn't garden Saturday, went to bridal shower, Sunday was way too hot to even try. Which was perfect for sewing.   After 2 days of not pulling a weed, I had to start right in on Monday.

My new routine, up early sew and hour or 2 or 3 and then head outside and play in the dirt.

Housework, hmmm not so much.  I do manage to get some done but not as much as before the warm weather started.  Just not a high priority now.  I am after all one person and until I get my "cape" I'm not claiming to be superwoman. So I pick my battles and fight one at a time.

Enjoying myself - Yes!!!!!




No comments: