Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day Everyone

What will today bring?  For me its a cookout at our daughter's Stacy.

Looking forward to a day of relaxation (yeah right) Well at least I don't have to cook too much today.  Already started the house cleaning, laundry and the usual.

I am taking the day off from yard work.  Yesterday I spent 5 hours re cleaning the front of the house flower beds, some of them anyway, not all. Weeded and finally put down weed barrier and mulch.  LOL to do all of the front will take me another 20 hours maybe more.  My body was so sore last night, but its going to be so worth it. For now anyway I have one section weed free and looking so nice.  I will have to put in some annuals, all of the spring flowers have bloomed and gone for this season in this section.

Before going outside yesterday, here is what I completed in my sewing room:

Made the second bag for Emma's friend.  Just a little different so the girls don't mix them up

What is this???   A Burp Cloth for the new baby coming November.



A new customer and even better yet, new friend, gave me the pattern to make the burp cloth.  What a great idea.  

When I needed burp clothes for my babies, way too many years ago, I used a cloth diaper, towel or what ever I could throw over my shoulder.  Do they even make cloth diapers anymore.  I'm sure they do, but since throw aways are so easy, not too many mothers use cloth anymore. Although I don't know how they can afford them anymore.  I just googled cost of disposable in comparison to cloth. Here are the results:

From 0-30months $1551.00 add in wipes $1751.00   Cloth diapers and covers $249.00.  Wow had no idea disposables cost so very much.  However, not having to wash dirty diapers, might be considered priceless!

That's one expense I don't have to worry about. As a grandma I just get to enjoy and spend my money on fun things.  Like the baby quilts I'm planning and more burp clothes.

For me this is going to be one exceptionally exciting year.  New baby coming November 25th, AND Im seriously and I mean seriously thinking of taking a trip to Houston TX for the International Quilt Festival. November 1-4th.  

The exciting part of this trip is meeting up with so many of my online quilting friends from www.connectedthreadz.com.  My all time favorite quilting social group.

The only thing stopping me at this point is cash.  Need to save up some$$$$$$ for this trip.  So its a good thing I don't have to buy those diapers right? 








No comments: