Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Sidetracked

In between making another beautiful quilt for lady in CO - I got sidetracked.

Only have 2 more rows to sew together and then borders and the quilting, binding and it will be ready for shipping.

However, my mind started to wander and thinking about the challenge quilt for RVQG.  The fabric has been sitting in my closet waiting for me to start cutting and sewing.  

Perhaps it was actually calling my name, "Jean come and play with me" "I want to be a quilt someday"

Well anyway, I did decide I had better at least make one block to see if I liked the fabrics and the pattern I chose to do.



I can say I do love the fabrics and the pattern, (MY pattern Forever Diamonds)  I have made a few more blocks just to see what the secondary pattern looks like.  Awesome!!!!!!

That's not all that has been distracting me.

Remember all the beautiful ribbon yarn I got from my daughter Stacy?


I did manage to crochet a few scarves from it .  However it is very very difficult to crochet with and doesn't make a very long or wide scarf as I don't have enough of one color to do a scarf justice.  At least the traditional scarf.

So my itty bitty brain got to thinking.

And then...........

Necklaces made from the ribbon yarn.


The lady that sold the ribbon yarn to Stacy used to make necklaces and they were beautiful.  So I thought why not give it a try.

I'm experimenting as I go along trying different lengths and strands, twists and turn.

Don't fret, I haven't given up on the quilt.  I actually do a few hours of sewing and when I get bored I do a little of this and a little of that.

Keeps the creative juices flowing don't cha know.

1 comment:

Kay Lynne said...

Beautiful quilt block Jean! I really like the fabrics that you picked out. The yarn projects look fun to try.