Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sewing and Family

This week started watching our newest grandson Augustas (Gus) while his mommy and daddy are working.

He is going to be 2 months the 19th of this month and already at 15lbs.



Gus loves listening to grandpa.  He knows his voice and watches him and giggles and smiles when grandpa is holding him.   I get smiles and giggles but not as much as grandpa does.  Maybe because the 2 of them look so much alike.  Do you think they will have the same personality?  I'm laughing just thinking about that.

Now that I am watching the baby, does not mean that I'm not sewing.  I try to get in at least 2 or 4 hours a day, before Gus arrives.

Currently working on another quilt for CO.

Using my original pattern Merry Go Round, I think this is going to be another beautiful quilt for her.

This morning I spent 3 hours making blocks for our Birthday Block Swap with my Connected Threadz group.  3 Hours and I discarded the block.  You would think after all these years and years of quilting I could make a 12.5" block with no problems. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally did manage to make 2 blocks in 10 minutes once I decided to stop fooling around coming up with a new block and stuck with old stand by's.  Cant show you, these are for a birthday girl in March.

So far January is finished, February all ready to go and Now March.  That is if no one else joins our event.

We have until January 31st for the final sign up day.  For a while each day a new friend would sign up.  Started with just 6 and now list has grown to 19 I think.  Better check later and see if there are any new people.

Most if not all \are excellent experienced quilters and we are all having problems making the PERFECT 12.5" block.   We want them perfect as they are mailed to other quilters and none of us wants to send the imperfect block.

If any of these imperfects were going in our own quilts, we would have no problem them fitting them in.

But, send them to someone else, and the mind wont let it leave the house if it isn't perfect.  Gads, who knew this fun event (and yes it is fun) could be so difficult.

Mabel is first birthday girl and has received most of her blocks but not all.  Here is what she has gotten so far. This is going to be one awesome quilt.



Its amazing to me so many different people making blocks and not One duplicate.  The variety of blocks is fantastic and I cant wait until I get mine.  Well its going to be a long wait.  My birthday isn't until November.

Laughingly - by then they should have the 12.5" down to a science.



No comments: