Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

4th Quilt for Leona

This morning I managed to finish the quilting and the binding on the fourth quilt for Leona - one more to go and that one Kylee will be sewing for her.





The pattern used is my own - Merry Go Round.  I quilted with one of my standby favorites - free motion Swirls.

Like I said one more to go and that will be up to Kylee to come to grandmas and get some sewing done.  Hopefully she can make it over a week from this  Sunday.  I will be picking a quick and easy pattern for her.  Not sure just yet what one that will be.

Our sewing time together is a hit and miss lately, but we really should start to pick up the pace.

After she does the upcoming quilt, I want her to start thinking about what she will be making for the Edgerton Quilt Show - October 19th this year.  Last year she rushed her quilts and I think she can really do a better job given the time to work on one.

Speaking of the show, I had better start thinking of what Im going to enter this year too.

There are a couple of possibilities but I really have to get them sewn and quilted.

So far on my list of to do's.  

Quilt a baby quilt for my cousins newest granddaughter.  Born 1/23/13 - so its a must to do right a way.

Make the challenge quilt for Rock Valley Quilt Guild - due July

Make a quilt for my dil Deena's mother.  This is a must do right a way!!

Finish one of my newest patterns. "Mosaic" - finally purchased the rest of the fabric needed for final border, then I can quilt and  get pattern ready for print and sale.

In between customers  - they Come First!!!!

Birthday Blocks for Connected Threadz event.


Did I forget - these are the blocks I sent to one of the Birthday Girlz - January birthday, so its ok to show you now, she has them and no need to keep the secret.

I have February and March and April blocks finished as well, but cant show you yet.










No comments: