Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Before During And After

Where to begin:




So far these beds have been for the most part been de-weeded  (my word wont find in dictionary)  Now its a matter of keeping up with them. Which really isn't that hard.  If I could just get the rest of the de-weeding done it would be easy to pick a weed here and there daily.

Now for what I have been working on for 2 days and still not even 1/4 done.







Thistles thistles everywhere.  The dirt you see is where thistles and creeping charlie used to be. Actually found some flowers under all of those weeds.

This is just a small portion of what I dug out today.  Yesterday there was an equal amount plus dried dead twigs from last years flowers.

Yesterday I started de-weeding this one and clearing out dead twigs from last years growth.  Ran into those tiny burs that grow on a bush. I had them everywhere, my arms, back, front, collar, gloves.  It was like they attacked me trying desperately to protect their territory.  Well boys you are gone now.  Still have tons of creeping charlie, but I can live with that for a little while. At least I uncovered the new growing flowers, at least I think I have.  Will have to attack this patch again soon, but not until I get more thistle out of pond mound.

Around the big tree has been de-weeded, but I have to reattack this soon. They are coming back.


No flower beds here, just beautiful grass and trees. And this is only a portion of the yard.  Wayne has to finish the mowing today.  I wont be mowing anymore today (loved doing what I did yesterday) but now its getting to the hard part, the ditches.  I will leave this up to him.

Its a good thing I cleaned the house yesterday before tackling the yard work.  There is no way I could do any cleaning today.  I woke up stiff and sore, sewed for a while until my muscles loosened up.  Then Wayne and I worked outside.  Now Im resting my back. Im done for today. Could only put in a good 4hrs of weeding today.   I will have to take this in stages, and realize I cant be done in a day.

When its done its going to be beautiful. (I hope)

For the rest of the day, feet up resting my back and maybe I will get to the dishes after about an hour or 2 in recliner.

No comments: