Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Waste Not Want Not

Nothing goes to waste in my sewing room.  Anything larger than 1/2" is all good scraps

We have been here since middle December and until today I did not put any window treatments in my sewing room.  Just could not decide exactly what I wanted until last night.  Another brainstorm hit me in the middle of the night.

window number 1 early afternoon


window number 2 late afternoon


Looking at first picture, you can see how the sun shining in makes the fabric look like stained glass. I even lined the back of these valances to make a custom curtain look from the outside looking in.


These look so cool.   When you spend all your time quilting or designing quilts its just seems appropriate your window treatments should look like a quilt design.

The  colored pieces are actually the cut ends from yesterdays quilt. I simply added a brown hst for each scrap, trimmed to 9.5" and went from there.  See I told you I would find a use for these beautiful scraps.  AND I have more ends to use on something else.




3 comments:

TDJ said...

First thing I thought was 'Stained Glass'. Very Nice, I have a hubby that thinks a finished window is closed blinds. He has a thing about putting holes in the walls.

Unknown said...

After many years of having the same argument with my hubby, I decided I do the decorating and I would just do it, he has finally gotten used to it. But then, we have been married for 47 years so it took a while. I was going to actually quilt these valances, but once I held them up to the window and saw the "stained glass" effect, I decided to leave as is, I really like the look.

Quilts by PAR said...

I need to do window treatments.. in addition to the blinds currently in the windows .. these look as though they would stitch up quickly and show my creative side. Thank you for the idea!