Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

March CT Sew In

Our monthly Sew In was today with my friends on Connected Threadz,  and I was able to finish some scrappy, party placemats and table topper. Still need to add the borders but for now they are done. Cute - these will be ready for my first party picnic in our back yard



 Normally on our sew in day I would be in my sewing room all day working on one or more projects.

Today was a day for sewing and to be outside.  Way too nice to be inside all day and as it turned out Diane came to help me with some of the flower beds.  We pulled, tugged, scraped, raked, dug and repeated this process for all of the afternoon.  She knows the names of all the plants and flowers in this yard, amazing. I cant remember any of the names she told me except for a few. I'm going to have to write them down and even then I'll probably still  mess up the names of the plants. Much much more to do, but its going to be so worth it once all the beds are cleaned.  I'm not sure how long this will take, but I do know for sure, wont be done in a day and according to Diane not even in a week.

If weather permits, tomorrow I have a plan to clean up a few more spots in the yard.

Tonight, I'm exhausted but its a good exhausted and Belle even more so.  She was out with us all afternoon and probably put on a few miles running around the yard.  She is sound asleep on her doggy bed and I'm not too far from crawling into mine.

2 comments:

TDJ said...

Glad you are having a nice weather day, we did here too. I really wanted to get some crafting done but Spring Breaking kiddos dragged me out and we took the dog we are sitting for a walk. It was very uplifting, probably in the 80's. I got a little kissed by the sun and a much needed attitude adjustment.

Richard Healey said...

Those look great good job.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com